Try out Braintree.
Ask and answer questions.
This event has ended. Thanks to all who participated!
How to Play
[+] Expand Rules, Terms & Conditions
- Sign up and try out Braintree's Sandbox
- Ask and answer questions with Braintree and PayPal tags
- Non-closed, non-deleted, positive score posts will earn entries into the prize raffle
- [Braintree] posts get 5 entries; [PayPal] posts get 1 entry
Braintree Q&A Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Braintree Q&A Contest (the "Promotion") is open only individuals who (i) are residents of the United States of America, (ii) are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry, (iii) did not purchase any products, services or equipment for the purposes of entering this Promotion, and (iv) are a Stack Overflow member. Stack Overflow membership is free of charge. Employees of Braintree and Stack Exchange, Inc., and any of their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of the Promotion or production or distribution of Promotion materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Promotion Overview: The purpose of this Promotion is for entrants to submit approved technical questions and answers related to Braintree's product experience in accordance to the normal submission rules of Stack Exchange, Inc.
- Sponsor: Braintree, 222 W Merchandise Mart Plaza Chicago, IL 60654. Administrator: Stack Exchange, Inc., 110 Williams Street New York, NY 10038, U.S.A.
- Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Promotion, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Whether an entrant receives a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
Timing: The Promotion starts Jan 5th, 2015 and ends April 27th, 2015. (the "Promotion Period"). The Contest consists of two (2) phases as set forth in the chart below.
|Phase||Starts at 00:00:00 UTC||Ends at 23:59:59 UTC|
|Q&A Submission||January 5th, 2015||March 31st, 2015|
|Contest Winner Selection||April 1st, 2015||April 27th, 2015|
- Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
- How to Enter: In order to qualify for participation in the Promotion, you must register on the contest page at URL TBD.
Winner Determination: Winners will be determined via the processes set forth below.
- Q&A Submission Phase: Submissions will be posted at URL TBD and individuals who meet the eligibility criteria set forth in Section 1 will be given the opportunity to gain points for approved technical questions and answers related to Braintree's product.
- Contest Winner Selection: One entrant will be chosen at random for each prize. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- Winner Requirements: Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. Except where prohibited, each potential Contest Grand and First Prize winner, and each potential Sweepstakes Gold Prize winner (parent/legal guardian if a winner is a minor in his/her place of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release ("Declaration"). Declarations for potential Contest winners must be returned and received by Administrator within twenty-four (24) hours of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize, and all other Declarations must be returned and received by Administrator within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential Contest winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner may be determined by an additional random drawing. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner's agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner's name, city, state, likeness, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Promotion, worldwide, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 11, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms. Prizes will be fulfilled 8 - 10 weeks after end of Promotion.
U.S. residents are eligible to win one of three (3) prizes below. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
- Release: By receipt of any prize, the applicable winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- 12. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for any typographical/other error in entries, selection announcement or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with this Promotion. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion, if it is possible. If the Promotion, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgements and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
- Winner List: For a winner list, visit URL TBD. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
3 Winners Will Win One of:
© 2019 Stack Exchange, Inc. All Rights Reserved.